Thursday, June 9, 2011

Lunch Time Thought: Eternal Families

Today I ate lunch at a near by church, Elder Smith was practicing "Near My God to Thee' on the piano. I had just finish eating my lunch and I figured that I could read some scriptures. As I was reading I had a small glimpse into the future. It was more of a feeling than anything. I thought about my family. I thought about what heaven is going to be like? I felt the happiness and the peace that that thought brought me for a small moment.
It makes me think though........

can heaven be the wonderful place that people say it is without our family ties?

Heavenly Father put us in families for a reason. He knows that it is through our family relationships that we have the greatest happiness. He doesn't want us to be separated after death.


As goofy as they look I want to be with them forever.


How is this possible? 


Through our Lord's temples the sealing power has been restored to the earth today. This is the way that we can be united as a family forever.


P.S. Click on the picture for a quick movie about temples!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...